The Drawing Board
The Drawing Board is a listing of plans, developing surveillance stories, and information products. Our goal is to give Canadians insight into what we're working on.
We have a lot of upcoming publications planned for 2018-2019. Here are some of the things that we’re working on:
- Cancer in Canada: This factsheet will provide an overview and the most current statistics on the burden of cancer in Canada (Summer 2018).
- Arthritis in Canada: This factsheet will provide the most up-to-date, condensed and accessible surveillance information on the occurrence and impacts of arthritis in Canada (Winter 2018).
- Chronic Diseases in Canada: This infographic will pull together health statistics from five data sources and align several disease monitoring programs to provide a cross-cutting picture on ten major chronic diseases and risk conditions affecting Canadian adults (Spring 2018).
- Osteoporosis Report: This highlight report from the Canadian Chronic Disease Surveillance System (CCDSS) will provide a national perspective on osteoporosis and related fractures using data that has never been published before (Spring 2019).
- Chronic Disease Burden Atlas, Canada: Inaugural atlas of the health and economic burden of chronic diseases/conditions and multimorbidities. Timely data collected through the Canadian Chronic Disease Surveillance System, a collaborative Provincial/Territorial network, highlighted in innovative ways, focusing on the number of Canadians living with one or multiple chronic diseases and their per capita health care cost (Fall 2018).
- Cancer in Young People in Canada (CYP-C): This infographic series, consisting of 20 infographics, will showcase data from the CYP-C surveillance system (Fall 2018).
- Canadian Hospitals Injury Reporting and Prevention Program (CHIRPP) infographic: This infographic visualizes of the purpose and activities the CHIRPP.
- Injury in Review-Spotlight on Traumatic Brain Injuries Report: This publication will provide the most current surveillance statistics from several data sources, on traumatic brain injuries (including concussions) across the life course and a variety of contexts (late 2018-early 2019).
- Suicide in Canada: An updated infographic will be created with current statistics about suicide, its risks and protective factors (Fall 2018).
- Cancer in Young People in Canada: This data tool presents prevalence and incidence rates, temporal trends and other relevant analysis such as proportions with observed survival and relapse rates.
- Physical Activity, Sedentary Behaviour and Sleep (PASS) Surveillance Framework: This new web content will include an explanation of the PASS Surveillance Framework, its conceptual model and how PHAC developed the Framework. It will also describe the importance of this new modernized approach to physical activity surveillance across Canada and will include some current key statistics based on the modernized physical activity guidelines for adults, children, and youth (Summer 2018).
- Cancer Statistics
- Chronic Disease Statistics
- Suicide in Canada
And for all things peer-reviewed subscribe to the Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention in Canada: Research, Policy and Practice
- Date modified: